Outcome Based Training (OBT)
Students experience varying dynamics in school and social environments as they grow and the number of unanswered questions seems to keep adding up. When answers are not easily available children either utilize half- baked ideas floated by the “know alls” among them or find people or things or incidents to blame for what they cannot explain. At a time when things are unfolding, physical changes are taking place, transitions are happening, children need a lot of support especially in the realm of emotional and all round growth.
The academic curricula and other activities leave very little time for schoolteachers to handle these typical needs of children. In addition, perceived outsiders make for better listeners to children and can provide support that seems very different from school activities. Therefore, a group that can deal with these internal and intimate needs of children would play the ideal supportive role because of the non-threatening approach (no assessments, no judgments etc), leadership expertise, understanding of personality and passion to build leaders
Growth support of the type visualized above would need progressive and sustained interaction. The age group of 11 to 17 years is ideal for this type of intervention. This is the age when one forms beliefs of life and self. They also need to understand how to cope with pressure and understanding how to deal with failure and be comfortable about their body and self to be successful in their life
The focus of all interactions will be “self” and “togetherness”. “I make a difference” and the Japanese proverb, “None of us are as smart as all of us” will guide structuring of all programs
What will be covered?
The Experiential Method of Education
Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I will understand.
- Chinese Proverb
Experiential education is philosophies that inform many methodologies, in which educators purposefully engage with learners in direct experience and focused reflection in order to increase knowledge, develop skills, clarify values, and develop people's capacity to contribute to their communities.
The principles of experiential education practice are:
• Experiential learning occurs when carefully chosen experiences are supported by reflection, critical analysis and synthesis.
• Experiences are structured to require the learner to take initiative, make decisions and be accountable for results.
• Throughout the experiential learning process, the learner is actively engaged in posing questions, investigating, experimenting, being curious, solving problems, assuming responsibility, being creative, and constructing meaning.
• Learners are engaged intellectually, emotionally, socially, soulfully and/or physically. This involvement produces a perception that the learning task is authentic.
• The results of the learning are personal and form the basis for future experience and learning.
• Relationships are developed and nurtured: learner to self, learner to others and learner to the world at large.
• The educator and learner may experience success, failure, adventure, risk-taking and uncertainty, because the outcomes of experience cannot totally be predicted.
• Opportunities are nurtured for learners and educators to explore and examine their own values.
• The educator's primary roles include setting suitable experiences, posing problems, setting boundaries, supporting learners, insuring physical and emotional safety, and facilitating the learning process.
• The educator recognizes and encourages spontaneous opportunities for learning.
• Educators strive to be aware of their biases, judgments and pre-conceptions, and how these influence the learner.
• The design of the learning experience includes the possibility to learn from natural consequences, mistakes and success.
“The Hero’s Journey”
'The Hero’s Journey’ is a three-day outdoor education experience based on Joseph Campbell’s Hero's Journey. The unique structure and sequencing of this life-altering Program follows three main stages of the Hero's Journey:
• Challenges and positive trait enhancement
• The Return
• Throughout the Hero's Journey workshop, students will have the opportunity to:
• Overcome fears and self doubts
• Gain problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Develop strategies to cope with conflict in Constructive ways
• Learn to see challenges as opportunities for growth
• Experience hands-on learning through various
• Trust tasks
• Low and high ropes and Outdoor skills
• Be under the guidance of caring and responsible coaches and staff who act as mentors along the Journey
• Understand core strengths, interests and goal setting
• The three-day workshop is designed in an experiential learning format conducted by trained facilitators
• Safety is a highest priority and adventure activity facilitators are highly skilled and the
• Let’s join hands in creating the heroes of the future
• Facilitated & Certified by: OD Alternatives, New Delhi
• Students who are in class 8 to 12, who are interested in developing themselves as responsible high achievers in their chosen field
• 02 Nights and 03 Days
• Nature of Workshops:
• Residential & Out door
• Details of the workshop -
• Mode of Workshop:
Nelliyampathy Hills, Palakkad, Kerala
• This Program is specifically designed for Student / Corporate Group
• Required Minimum Team Strength for this program is 30 + Persons for each Group
• Highly Talented, Experienced Professionals / Trainers will be conducted this program
• Palakkad / Shoranur / Coimbatore / Cochin Pick-Up & Drop option on request
• Provide vehicle as per team strength
• Provide Resort / Farmhouse stay in Nelliyampathy Hills
• 03 / 04 sharing per Room as per availability
• Provide South Indian / North Indian Food & Veg / Non Veg Food
• Palakkad Sightseeing Tour Program on request (Single / Multiple Days Tour available).
*Request each Student / Teacher to bring their original Institution Photo ID card
*Request each Corporate Member to bring original Company Photo ID card + Aadhaar
*Prior Booking is required to conduct OBT & Sightseeing program for each Group.
OBT Program Location
• Pulayanpara / Palagapandy, Nelliyampathy Hills, Palakkad – 678 511, Kerala
• Trekking Base Camp:
Nelliyampathy Hills, Palakkad, Kerala
• At Nelliyampathy Hills (Economy / Budget Stay)